Monday, March 9, 2009

A Fun Memory!

My friend, Becca, just had a fun, fun party for her 4 year old.
It looked like so much fun that I think I might steal the idea for
either an upcoming 7 year old party or an upcoming 4 year old party!
(Hope you don't mind, Becca!)
Here is the link to her cute party idea:

legrandbecslittlelaings.blogspot.com/2009/03/fancy-nancy-party.html

And it seems like I always feel less than adequate when it comes to cute,
creative stuff...but then I remembered this cute dress-up tea party we had
for Aubrie a few years ago. So I thought I would post the pics and share
this fun memory!
I am inspired to throw some fun, creative parties this year!

We told the girls to wear their lovliest tea party dresses.
When they arrived, we let them pick out hats, purses, and gloves
from our dress up chest.


This is the table, complete with lovely decorations that
I found at Savers! I took pics of Aubrie and Mikaela in their
dress ups and put the pics in those 2 old-fashioned frames.


This is the dress-up chest.


We used our princess tea set and it made really cute place settings
for each girl. They even had their own name cards.



This is the fancy finger food that we served.



These are our fancy finger food servers! Connor and Mikaela and
their cousins, Bailey on the left and Tiahna on the right.
They were told to use fancy, proper words and british accents, if possible!



This is the Tea Cup cake and the mini tea cup cakes!





Here is a close up of the cake.
I actually baked it in a Pampered Chef batter bowl!


And what could make a 4 year old Aubrie happier than a pair of
shiny orange sandals from Grandma Suzi?!?!?!
NOTHING!

6 comments:

a wynn wynn situation said...

Darling idea! Looks like so much fun-

Nancy said...

What a cool party! SO stylish! And that cake ROCKS. I want one!

Tandi Davis said...

So cute Carrie! I may have to steal some of those ideas for Halli's next party!

Becca said...

I love it!!! Of course I don't mind you stealing any ideas!! I'll probably steal your tea party idea some time! I love it!! You are so cute!!

Paula said...

Hi
I love your teacup cake! I found it when I was looking for ideas for one. I knew I wanted to make it in my Pampered Chef classic batter bowl but about 4 this morning, after planning for a month, I woke up worried it would not stand due to the disproportion of weight. That sent me to the web and I found yours. Did you cut any off to make it stable? I have to make my cake at home and then transport it across town. We do a lot of activities with our dogs and this weekend there is a “Teacup Dog Agility Trial” which is designed for small dogs and this cake would be so perfect for me to make if I can figure it out. I am always in charge of desserts!
Thanks for any advise you can offer. Your cake, and party, look lovely and like it was a lot of fun.

Carrie said...

Hi, Paula...
I did not have to do anything to the cake after baking it...It was so simple! I frosted the sides like you would a normal cake. The top, I piped in a circle to get that "frothy" look. The candy is skittles and the handle is pipe cleaners. You could make a spout out of cardstock or cardboard if you wanted it to look like a pot and not a cup. I am very much an amateur...if I could do it, you can! I would imagine it wouldn't be a problem to transport, either. Good luck!