Thursday, September 4, 2008

Confession Time

I've never posted anything without pics before, but I need to get something off my chest...

I have heard all the buzz about the Twilight Series for the last few months or so. I was curious, but hadn't really decided if I would read it or not. Last Saturday, I was at Walmart and decided to pick up the first book and see what all the hype was about. I love to read and needed something new. If any of you know me at all, you know that NOTHING keeps me away from food...until this. I finished the series in a little over a week. I could do nothing but read. There were constantly butterflies in my stomach, so I could hardly eat.

Some days I was fighting tears.

Most days I wasn't doing any housework.

Everyday my family thought I had totally lost it!

I LOVE this series!!! It is by far the best thing I have ever read! It turned my life upside down (luckily it only took me a week to read!)

What did I learn from this experience?

It's OK to live in a fantasy world for a little while (actually theraputic).

I love my husband more passionately than ever (he's definitely OK with that).

As much as I would like to, I will never meet the Cullens.

I highly recommend it to any of you who haven't had the chance to read it yet. And if you have read it, I would love to hear how crazy it made you also. I need to know that I'm not alone!

Right now I am missing Edward, Jacob, Alice, Bella...time to get back to reality.

7 comments:

Becca said...

Carrie, Did you read all 4 of the books? I loved these too!!! LeGrand doesn't understand how a book about Vampires and Werewolfs could be sooo good... I told him to read it, but I doubt that will ever happen. I'm glad he's so supportive about it though! Yea I couldn't put it down either, It's all I wanted to do. I love reading good books...it's very theraputic for me too!!! Did you like the way it ended?? I loved it, but I don't really think it should be teen girls books...I'm excited for the movie to come out in December!!

a wynn wynn situation said...

Yipeeeeee! It is my VERY favorite series and I'm always happy when another person falls in love!
John and I read the first one together after I read the series. He wasn't as taken with it as I was but now he can talk about Edward and Bella with me all the time :)

Breanne said...

I too love the books. But I'm not as crazy as some about them. I only own the last one, but am looking to get the rest for Christmas. (I was going to get them last christmas but didn't!!)
Jacob is my favorite, and I'm glad that he is happy. Now she just needs to write a story about Jacob & Nessie

Kristi said...

It's so funny that you say you miss everybody! I totally understand! They become like real friends. Weird. I also completely ignored all housewifey duties when reading the books. There were several times I remember looking at the clock and thinking "3 am, not possible, I was only going to read a little!"

Gayla said...

Did you hear the bad news....Someone leaked her rough draft for the 5th book, Midnight Sun (Edwards's point of view) and so she has decided not to publish it now. Very sad! I was looking forward to reading more about the family.

Lynn and Priscilla's family said...

I haven't talked to you since before you got into book 4....did you like how it ended? It's so funny to find out that there are a lot of other people, just as crazy as us, who love impossible stories about vampires and werewolves! I agree with "Breanne", I want to read about Jacob and Nessie...and she really left it open about the others coming back again!

Nancy said...

It does turn your life upside down, doesn't it! Very fun reads. And I'm glad you got to be in fantasy land for a while!